W9: CA ERwin Data Modeler r8 Workshop
Principal Product Manager, CA Technologies, ERwin
Sunday, April 3, 2011
03:30 PM - 06:45 PM
Location: Superior B
This half-day workshop will provide an overview of the main features of CA ERwin Data Modeler r8, including the basic data modeling and metadata functionality, as well as some of the exciting new visualization features in r8.
- Data Modeling Basics: Forward and Reverse Engineering, Basic Logical, Physical, and Dimensional Design, etc.
- Model Visualization and Layout Features: Check out the new visualization and layout features in r8 and learn optimal diagram formatting techniques
- Complete Compare: Learn about CA ERwin’s powerful compare and merge functionality
- Reporting with SAP Business Objects Crystal Reports
- Model Management and Collaboration using the CA ERwin Data Modeler Workgroup Edition
- And More: Walk away from this workshop with a solid foundation with CA ERwin Data Modeler to start building and maintaining models of your own.
Mr. Buchwalter has been involved with databases, data and metadata for more than 25 years. He is currently responsible for defining long- and short-term product strategy, functionality and technical messaging for the CA ERwin® family of modeling products. Neil spends much of his day with customers and non-customers alike – understanding their modeling requirements, collaborating on potential product direction, discussing workflow topics and providing technical product and modeling guidance. His interest in modeling began during the early days of hand-drawn models and solidified while at James Martin Associates, where Neil co-authored the Construction Handbook of the Information Engineering Methodology™. Shortly after joining Logic Works in 1995, he began to focus on data model construction and consulting projects as well as modeling education.
For the last nine years, Neil has severed as a member of the board of directors for PASS (Professional Association for SQL Server, www.sqlpass.org) where he has helped PASS evolve into the premier independent, not-for-profit association dedicated to supporting, educating, and promoting the Microsoft SQL Server community.